Sunday 12 February 2012

MERCY JOHNSON LOVES HER HUSBAND GENUINELY-ANI



Ani Amatosero is a young upcoming actress and the owner of Effixzzy magazine. Effixzzy magazine has showcased celebrities both in the entertainment industry and other sectors in Nigeria and the States. In this interview with FLORENCE AMAGIYA, she talks about her love for acting, her friend MJ and the future… ENJOY!
Why l chose magazine as against what l studied
I have always had passion for entertainment and Effixzzy magazine is all about entertainment. Besides, there is a link between architecture and entertainment which is the creativity.
My challengesWhat it’s all about
Effixzzy magazine puts style into a statement which dwells around the movies, fashion and charity. As for the movies; it is a way of showcasing talents we have in Nollywood. For the fashion aspect; we showcase different designs worn by our people in occasions across the country and beyond because Nigerians are very rich in fashion and colours.
The major challenge I had was that so many close associates never believed in me. My age was also another challenge because when I walk into some offices, a lot of clients expects to see a mature woman instead they see a young lady in her early 20’s. I equally had challenges moving from one place to the other in search of adverts and events to feature without any staff.
How far we have gone
By the grace of God, Effixzzy magazine is three years old today. We have moved from 1000 copies in its first edition to 5000 copies in its 14th edition. We have covered high profile events across the country and even in the United States.  In the nearest future, we want Effixzzy to move to every nook and cranny where Nigerians are based, not just in the States but also across Europe and Asia.

Mercy Johnson
Personalities we have showcased on the magazine
Effixzzy magazine have featured politicians, actresses, artistes, professionals and cultural groups. We showcase motivational articles, events and much more.
The reason men succeed in ventures where women hardly succeed
This is so because men exact themselves a little more.  So for every woman who wants to reach that milestone, she should be willing to work a little bit harder and also pray harder. Don’t just pray and expect God to do the magic. Faith without work is death.
My name and a little about Ani Amatosero
My name is Ani Amatosero. Growing up for me was fun because I had everything I wanted as a kid. I grew up with my parents. I was born into a Methodist family. My parents were disciplinarians. I was never denied anything. There was nothing other kids wanted that I didn’t have.
I did my nursery and primary school at John F Kennedy International school, Warri, I went further to attend NNPC Primary school, Effurun in Warri  and later went to Federal Government College also in Warri. I attended University of Nsukka for Pre science then Enugu state University for my university degree.
Who MJ really is without the cameras
I do not consider Mercy Johnson a friend, but a sister from another mother. She is an interesting, nice and homely person and when she loves, she loves genuinely and gives all.
If  I have showcased her on my magazine
We used Mercy Johnson on our magazine’s first edition. Then we also used her wedding photographs too. So she was our first and 13th cover page.
If MJ would leave acting for hubby?
Like l said before, Mercy Johnson loves genuinely and l know that she loves her husband. I am sure if he asks her to stop acting for reasons best known to him, she would.
Who Ani is outside all this
I am a generous person, I  have a passion for charity works. I am a determined woman, I am a goal-getter. I don’t pretend.
My place of origin
I am from Koko in Warri North local government area in Delta state. I am Itsekiri by tribe.
My fashion statement
I love anything that fits. I also love colours.
My advice to would-be entrepreneurs, women and the youths
My advice is that they should be determined. They should not ever give up no matter the circumstance. They should work harder and earn a dignified living because men hate liabilities.
If I am in a country without family or friends
I would ask to be connected to the internet. I think that would cover it all because I may be far, but I am still close to them.
My best food
My best food would be Owo soup and starch
What to expect from Ani this year
Personally, I am going back to acting. That was what l was doing before the magazine and it is still my passion. For the magazine, Nigerians should expect to see a wider coverage of Effixzzy and the fact that we shall be doing more of charity work this year. Also we want to go fully into charity this year. Our first target is to empower and get the physically challenged ones off the streets. The programme would be coming up on Valentine’s day.

No comments:

Post a Comment